I'm trying to rebuild my Altec A7 Voice of the Theater speakers out of bits and pieces that somehow have survived several moves and many years of storage in a disassembled state.
Here's what I know I have :
- two A7 cabinets with some replacement 416-8a woofers on the way.
- a pair of the 511B horns
- a pair of N809-8A crossover networks
- a pair of new in the box Altec 21545 diaphragms for the high frequency drivers (bought these over 25 years ago and never installed them).
- a pair of high frequency drivers - model unknown (look like 800 series but there are no labels or back covers) - 1" throat - with numbers 391524 on one and 391350 rubber stamped on the back surface.
- the pair of original 21545 diaphragms have broken conductors leading to the diaphragm - can these be repaired?
I think I have everything I need to assemble the speakers with the exception of the back covers with the terminal posts for the high frequency drivers - I'll contact Bill about those.
What I need help on is this - what model driver do I have and are the diaphragms I have the right impedance? I assume I need 8 ohm since everything else I have is that value.
Are these the best diaphragms for this assemblage - I'm also concerned about how the 800 Hz crossover will work with the 500 horns.






Bookmarks